About Pam Golding Lodges & Guesthouses
Pam Golding Lodges and Guesthouses (“PGLAG”) is the leader in investment and lifestyle transaction facilitation in the smaller (Boutique) Hotel, Lodge and Guesthouse sector of up to 40 rooms. This covers lifestyle properties for the individual as well as investment propositions for hotel groups.
The company specialises in the marketing of these hospitality properties priced mainly between R5 million and R50 million and operates throughout South Africa while focussing on Cape Town, its Winelands and the remainder of the Western Cape.
Our sound knowledge of the Southern African Hospitality Industry and vast experience in transaction facilitation enables us to provide both those wishing to sell and those looking to acquire a Lodge or Guesthouse, with an unsurpassed level of personalised service.
Why Pam Golding Lodges & Guesthouses
Value add for Buyers
Our consultants have both a hospitality and financial background and are consequently able to properly advise buyers of a Guesthouse, Lodge or Hotel, adding value in the following areas:
- Analysis of area occupancy statistics to advise buyers on potential and market related expected incomes
- Legal compliance and licensing advice to protect buyer investment
- Assistance with drawing and completing appropriate offer and contracts through our dedicated partners
- Advice on financing options, the most appropriate way to bring funds into South Africa and legal ownership structure
- Advice on immigration through our dedicated partners
- Minimisation of transfer duties or VAT payments by advising on the correct structure in which to purchase
Value add for Sellers
As hospitality specialists we are in an intimately informed position to correctly value a business and its property and conclude a market related sale. We add value to sellers in numerous areas:
- Financial analysis and business valuation. We correctly position the hospitality business and properties
- Advice with preparing your business for the sales process including all documents that will be needed. This process is substantially different from residential property sales and requires expert knowledge so that a sale does not fall through
- Compliance with legal and tax requirements – Capital Gains Tax and Secondary Tax
- We can market a guesthouse, lodge or hotel to our extensive network in excess of 2,000 hospitality related clients
- Cooperation with our mother company, Pam Golding Properties, Africa’s largest independent realtor. Tapping into the Group wide referral system (2,000 agents country wide and internationally)
- Separate hospitality website apart from the listings on the Pam Golding Properties website.
5 Nov 2014
It is always encouraging at the upturn of the market to see how many Guesthouse owners would like to sell their properties and how many requests we get for valuations. We have put together... Read More
30 Apr 2014
The City of Cape Town’s new integrated zoning scheme came into effect on 1 March 2013. From this date, a single and common zoning scheme for the entire metropolitan area will replace the... Read More